Its spring time. If your church does a church weekend away the chances are it could just be around the corner, or indeed it could be the planning stages. If you feel the church weekend away is getting a little old a predictable, try these Alternative Church Weekend Activities.
Obviously if you’ve already had one this year, you could try any of the following next year:
- Pretend to appear really sociable by talking to all the venue staff. Dont let people from the church know you’re trying to get the wireless key so you can check Facebook on your phone.
- Party games! Dress up like a different denomination, then play musical chairs.
- Temporary kidnap the Bishop of Crediton’s dog.
- Play PCC top trumps.
- Orienteering exercise. To the nearest pub.
- Orienteering exercise. Back from the pub.
- Create a new worship band, musical expertise is indeed optional.
- On the Friday night ensure the coffee is filled and there’s plenty to go around. Swap the coffee for espresso on the Saturday. Ensure the espresso is swapped for decaff when people wake on the Sunday.
- Serve lots and lots of tea. Don’t tell anyone that there’s only one toilet.
- Orienteering exercise. Find the people who didn’t make it back from the pub.
Any other ideas?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.