One thing that Churches seem to have got right is the idea that work gets done, when its done in team. You get church welcoming teams, set up teams, preaching teams, youth teams, pastoral care teams, communication teams, coffee teams, sound teams, set up set up teams, etc.
Sofa wonders how often time is found for good old fashioned team building exercises in church, as opposed to committee style meetings? What would a team building exercise look like in a church context anyway?
Here are a few ideas.
- Break. Then recreate your stain glass windows using left over Sunday School craft materials.
- Build a tower of babel. With Lego.
- Who can read Psalm 119 outloud without taking a breath? Work as a team to look after anyone who faints.
- River crossings – See who can walk the furthest across a river.
- Who can preach the longest sermon?
- Water Drinking. How much wine can you drink before it starts to taste like water?
- Lightsaber Duels. The vicar can have the red one.
- Work out how to transport someone on a bed, through your church roof. Then do it.
- Build a Noah’s ark. See if it floats. Don’t bring life jackets – they show lack of faith*. If there’s a problem see number 4.
- Go to the pub.
Any other ideas?
*Please note, I am really joking
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.