Welcome to this weeks Weekly Roundup:
- @OlMoore has a content moment.
- Richard Littledale has a survey asking about peoples “verbal issues” – Where did it all go wrong?
- There should be no surprise that there have been plenty of reactions to the death of Steve Jobs, @Rev_Gene and @alantlwilson are just two of the many…
- Vic The Vicar ponders the behavior of footballers.
- The Andesmedia site, has had a look at the Daily Mail’s reporting of the Amanda Knox appeal, and what lessons we learn for our own online space.
- ….and finally… are you fed up with the Westboro Baptist Publicity machine? Well heres a Facebook page for you…
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.
(Originally posted on February 2nd)
I’d like to say that quite clearly the two of us sat on the church sofa are not biased in anyway. At a lot times we’re complete opposites in opinion for example I clearly love chairs in church whilst the other Andy clearly loves pews* and this time is no different. You see I’m a Mac and the other misguided member of the church sofa team is a PC. So here’s a number reasons why Macs are better than PC’s.
1. My Mac still works
2. Macs do what you want them to with out much effort (i.e. connect to a wifi internet connection and you can use the internet, no fiddling round with IP addresses)
3. Macs are sexy
4. Macs are ready to go out the box – everything is already there install a few extra applications you want and you’re set
5. My Mac still works
6. You only need anti virus so that you don’t pass on PC viruses to PC users, the just don’t do anything to Mac at the moment
7. Loads up quickly – turn a mac on and it asks for your password, turn a PC on you go and make a cup of tea and then wait for it finish
And did I mention my Mac still works?
I’m sure there will be an appropriate Why PCs are better post soon, well as soon as the other Andy fixes his PC/buys a Mac.
If you can think of any other reasons please post them below.
*to be honest I can’t really remember which way round the chair and pew thing was anymore.
**Please note this post is made in jest and is not a definitive guide on why Macs are better than PC’s and The Church Sofa still remain entirely unbiased on this issue.