I’ll leave you to decide if this is based on a true story…
If you’re like me, and you’re Gluten Free / Celiac you’ll know it can make your relationship with food, complicated. (To put it mildly).
What I remember of my GP’s appointments back when I was investigating what was wrong, I was advised of the following options:
- Monitor my diet.
- Exercise is good.
- Could try medication.
This wasn’t an option presented to me.
Can be found via this affiliate link at Amazon, but – it might be good to put your money towards some gluten free bread instead.
So you’re there.
You’re either at church, homegroup, or some other christian gathering, and you’re being prayed for. You may be surrounded by a group of people, or you may be in a corner of a room, either way you are the focus of the spiritual attention. Whatever you do. Don’t think about the following when you’re being prayed for:
- How attractive that woman / man praying for you might be – and why are they holding your hand anyway?
- Has the oven timer started ok? You dont want the dinner to be burnt / cold.
- Why is that persons hand so warm and clammy?
- Why does that person push down on your shoulder so hard?
- Rating peoples prayers out of 10. Don’t do this. Its not cool.
- Who’s that smell?
- “What on earth did they mean by that?”
- Mentally correct their grammar in your head.
- Whats the most prayerful way to be standing? Are you in the most holy position? Does God smile more with my arms up or my arms down?
- The feeling of regret that comes with having that hot curry 45 minutes before the meeting began.
Any more that you can suggest?