Its easy to find what people say about prayer when you’re a Christian.
For starters the Bible has loads of people talking about God, and ways to be with, talk with, and generally communicate with God. Then there are the (what feels like) millions of Bible teachers who have taught loads of stuff about prayer.
But what do “normal” people have to say about prayer? Here’s a quick collection of quotes about prayer from people who aren’t really Bible teachers…
20th Century Fox
Found at motivationgrid.com
Do you have any alternative quotes about prayer you could share below?
Thankfully people dont often try and grab my hands during prayer times…
Ok, so it seems that an advert for a Church of England campaign, Just Pray?, has been banned from being shown at cinemas:
If you feel down about this being banned, just think about how many more people are probably watching this advert online, because of the ban?
And one more thing… how would we all react if it was an advert advertising Atheist beliefs?
I’m sure I’ve prayed worse…
The Church Sofa is being taken over today by Emily…
Hi, I’m Emily, I work for a charity called CWR, my twitter is @EC_Owen my dream is to travel the world writing for God’s glory – somehow?!
The upcoming event National Prayer Weekend challenges us to pray for our neighbours and communities but as much as you don’t want to admit it, some people are harder to pray for than others.
Here’s a list of people that you don’t want to pray for, but probably should:
- The screaming baby next door (not just so you get a good night sleep)
- Traffic wardens
- The commuter who just stole the seat you had mentally shot-gunned.
- The driver who hogs the middle lane on the motorway
- Your boss
- The kid playing music too loudly on the bus. Probably sniffing and chewing gum too.
- The dog walker who didn’t pick up after their dog (ruining your new trainers)
- The bloke who didn’t thank you when you held the door open for him
- The delivery driver you waited in all day for who arrives at 6pm without half of your order!
- The dentist (couldn’t resist one more)
Accept the challenge and pray for someone you wouldn’t normally think of by joining in with National Prayer Weekend or on Twitter: @NPW_2015
Any other people you dont want to pray for?