Its hard to argue that having Money is useful. Well having money helps you do stuff. This is true in our day to day lives, and well… If the Church needs to fix the roof, hire a hall, or pay off the vicar, money is needed.
The thing is, where does the Church get its money come from?
If a Church doesn’t have its own building to hire out, how else can a Church make money?
Here is the Church Sofa List of How A Church Can Make Money:
- Get some local monks to make some mead to sell.
- Release a CD of the Curate singing.
- Charge people to leave a church service.
- Sell advertising breaks. Between song verses, the worship band could play a catchy little ditty.
- Release a book. Sunday Sermons: The Greatest Hits.
- Invest in clever ways to make the above book appear really popular therefore seeming more attractive to buy then it really is.
- Serve coffee at the start of the service. Charge people for directions to get to the toilet… for lights in toilet… for toilet roll…
- Have comfy cushions for hire. Perfect to avoid those aches and pains during the sermon.
- Take an offering before the sermon. The higher the amount, the less points within the sermon.
- Offer local houses a subscription service to ensure the church evangelist doesn’t knock on their door.
Is there any you would add?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.