According to Google, today (if I’ve got my scheduling right), is meant to be “Epiphany”. Indeed, Epiphany may be mentioned on a calendar or two around the house.
In case you’re confused about Epiphany is, I figured I would share my research into it…
It seems that Epiphany is at least one of the following:
- The manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
- A moment of sudden and great revelation or realization.
- When the three kings bothered to turn up the Nativity scene.
- The very first time Jesus received some late birthday presents.
- An excuse to keep Christmas decorations up a little longer.
- A swift spiritual kick to the head. (According to the Buffy The Vampire Slayer spin off – Angel).*
- A realisation that if the Wise Men haven’t arrived yet, you can still drink like its Christmas. Right?
- Evidence that Nativity play writers aren’t sure what they’re talking about. (But, I guess, the amount of lobsters that seem to appear at the birth of Jesus, should also be another clue).
Any other explanations out there?
*This does not give church leaders an excuse to give kicks to the head… I don’t think.
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.