Well, its Christmas. As well as the season of mince pies, Santa, Christmas Carols, nativity plays, and random livestock, it is also the season of the Christmas Party. But how should a Christian host a Christmas party?
Here are 10 tips to help you host a Christian Christmas Party…
- Remember this is a Christian CHRISTMAS Party. Remind people of the authentic Christmas experience, and bring livestock into your home.
- Give plenty of thought to the music you play. Sofa recommends something like this.
- Boil the mulled wine… lots.
- Arrange for someone to sit next to your door in your hallway, whispering scripture into peoples ears as they enter. This is to ensure peoples minds are on scripture as soon as they arrive. (And not on the weirdo sat in your hallway).
- Host an outdoor worship service in your garden. Make sure its loud.
- As well as remembering the birth of Jesus, this is also the season of giving. Ensure all your guest have a suitable Bible commentary as a present. In regards to any presents you receive, ensure you pause and offer a prayer of thanks before opening EVERY present.
- Need a party game? Play guess the Bible Reference.
- Its Christmas. The season of GREAT JOY! What ever happens, ensure all your guests are smiling. A lot.
- Obviously, you also need to be smiling alot.
- In the spirit of the season, have a live nativity scene outside your front door. This is probably better with livestock.
Any I’ve missed?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.