Well with New Wine, Soul Survivor, and Keswick currently taking place, its fair to say we are well into the Summer Christian Festival season. With Festivals like Greenbelt, Momentum, and Creation Fest, there are still plenty to choose from.
As its the Summer Christian Festival Season, it is also time for the annual Church Sofa list of the best ways to create trouble at a Christian Festival… Consider this list in case you get bored or something…
- Is it raining? Throw mud on strangers eyes. Explain you’re curing their spiritual blindness.
- Arrange for the portable showers to be moved around the site. Take advantage of confusing everyone, by having no queue for your shower.
- Walk around the camp site with a sign offering free hugs. Run away from anyone who comes anywhere near you.
- Throw water on to people. Shout that its Holy Water – check if your victim if the water is burning.
- Late night choir practice.
- Walk around the camp site offering a free tent to anyone who has had problems with their tent in the rain. Dont tell people its just one tent, that is shared between anyone who takes you up on your offer. Obviously this should be a two person tent.
- Is your festival at a Holiday Camp like Butlins? Make the most of the worship time to sneak to the gambling machines without the guilt of being seen…. If on a camp site, get yourself to the showers.
- Walk around with a huge sign offering to judge people for free. I’m curious to see what will happen.
- Is the worship leader encouraging you to lift your hands in the air? Sit down instead.
- Start a rumor that The World Wide Message Tribe aren’t really coming back together.
- Campers near you have bar-b-qs, and other cooking equipment? “Borrow” any and all fire lighting equipment, and then challenge them to pray for fire from heaven.
Any that you would like to add?
For more ideas, please check out last years list, How to misbehave at a Christian Festival.
Disclaimer: Do any of these at your own risk, the Sofa takes no responsibility for any trouble that happens to you if you do this, but if you do end up in Christian Festival Jail, please let us know what that’s like.
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.