Heres this weeks random roundup:
- If you’ve not seen it, here’s the Martin Bashir interview with Rob Bell. Cant make up my mind if he’s putting up a good argument or squirming?
- The Urban Pastor wonders if he can be bothered to read it… On that note can anyone recommend a good cheap way of getting hold of Love Wins?
- Richard Littledale highlights the little voice of Aria.
- Small plug for the scribbledfish project – which is being given a fresh look. Basically its about me and the camera…
- And finally… Church Mouse questions why no one has pointed out how fashionable John Calvins beard is. Personally I think its amazing…
Please tweet us any submissions for next weeks CNBOW!
Simple idea time. Instead of “Russell Howards Good News”, we going to have “Church Sofa Good News”, and update this with reports of Good news we hear from Japan.
Please dont think we’re trying to take anything away from the huge scale of rubbish that is the current events that are happening in Japan, but we thought it would be nice just to have a little corner of the internet were we tried to focus on the good news coming out of that area.
Earthquake survivor is rescued after being buried for four days
Woman, 70, found alive 4 days after Japan tsunami
Man saved clinging to roof… 10 miles out to sea
Please feel free to share any other news items you come across below:
I dont like posting multiple videos one after the other, but I thought this had a certain… watchabilty about it.
Prayer from Granger Community Church on Vimeo.
Well… we are to start with…
- We’ve mentioned the Beer and Bible initiative currently starting in Chelmsford before, if you missed it I suggest getting yourself over to Phils Treehouse and watching the promo video about it…
- The 40Things guys are encouraging people to try 1 new thing per day during lent as part of the 40 Things Challenge.
- Moving away from Lent… The Jesus Mission asks what could be learnt from Barack Obama…
- Chelliah Laity has compiled a list of Christian Bloggers thats worth a look.
- According to “BBC’s new face of religion”, people look at Eve as a troublesome wife and God has a wife…The Telegraph.
- And finally… As I’m sure you can tell, The Church Sofa lads can sometimes channel a bit of an inner geek… Room515.co.uk is a result of that…
Now heres something a little bit cool for a Bishop.
Bishop Bob of Crediton has relaunched his prayer page on Facebook, encouraging people to leave prayer requests for him to say on the wall.
Bishop Evens said: “People really seemed to appreciate being able to send in their prayers to me during Lent, and to know that I would say them each day. As my role takes me all over Devon, I will stop what I am doing each day – pulling over in laybys if necessary – to pray for people.”
While I do have slight concerns about people possibly looking at Bishops as having a better link to God then the rest of us*, I do feel he should be commended for trying to engage with people in this way.
*Could I be shot by the good old C of E for saying something like that?