In case you missed it. It seems that Churches can now sing outside again. In fact, The Church of England have released a load of information about outside worship is found here.
As singing outside in a crowd could appear different to some, we’ve compiled a list of ideas to remember when hosting an outside Church worship service.
- Make sure your dressed for the season. So therefore depending on the season, this could mean winter coat for when the sun is behind a cloud, and shorts / T-shirt for when the sun is out.
- A two meter stick. Because you know…
- Have multiple garden heaters, because it gets cold.
- Ensure the worship leader knows that this isn’t a dry run for early morning worship at the next Church approved Big Christian Conference.
- Make sure there is a big sign asking EVERYONE to bring an umbrella, because rain. Particularly important in Manchester.
- Don’t expect to go get a pie, pint, or pizza at half time. But MY WORD. That should be a thing in all churches. from now on.
- Wonder out loud if church should meet outside more often.
- Look after that one person who actually knows all the rules and regulations. Maybe offer them a strong coffee or something stronger to help steady their nerves.
- Pretend its Christmas. Bring Mulled Wine.
- Or in fact, if you’re meeting in a park, bring cheap cider. Because memories.
Anything we’ve missed out?
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.