So. Lockdown then? From a medical stand point, its great. Great for keeping people apart, great for slowly the spread of a virus from a person to another. Not great for Churches to be open on a Sunday.
To help with Sunday mornings being a “No Church” time, here are a number of ideas to help recreate the church ambience whilst you’re at home.
- While watching the online service, sit relative to where you might normally sit on a “normal” Sunday morning. For example, if you normally sit at the front, sit right in front of the screen. If you’re at the back at Church, at the back of your room. If you spend Sunday mornings in the toilet…
- Make a lot…. of coffee. Drink it cold.
- Squash. Weak.
- If you’re of a higher church taste, get that incense stick going! (Close the windows whislt you’re at it)
- Make random conversation with the people you’re living with. Obviously act like you’ve not really seen each other for a week.
- Sing loud and out of tune during any worship songs.
- Remember to send a message to someone you’ve not heard from in a while to say hello.
- Make a note reminding yourself that loving your neighbour may include a few things being a weird for a while.
Anything else you can suggest?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.