I’ve commented before, that the Church does seem to get people working as teams very well. That could be the Church setup team, the Church flower team, the preaching team, the welcoming team, the Church team, the list goes on…
And obviously, every now and then, meetings are arranged, which as much as you try… you don’t seem to get to on time.
What good excuses are there for when you’re late to a Church Meeting*? Here is our list:
- There were too many heathens driving on the road.
- I became too distracted by praying for each individual present here today.
- There were too many saints on the road… and they were ALL keeping to the speed limit.
- I took Communion with my family before I left, so obviously I had to finish it off. Therefore I had to walk.
- I was on my way and started praying… maybe I shouldn’t have closed my eyes whilst driving…
- The angels didn’t fly me here quick enough.
- I felt led to drive here via a less sensible route.
- I couldn’t have got here any faster without running… and you know… Proverbs 28.
- I felt led to pray for this meeting before I came. I felt a lot of prayer was needed…
- I am not late. I am here exactly when the Holy Spirit meant for me to be here.
Any more you would try?
*All excuses also apply for times when you’re late to Housegroup.