All parents have some parenting woes of some shape or form. For most it’s a case of NEVER SLEEPING, for Mary I guess it was a slightly different set of woes she had to put up with when Jesus was born.
- Many, many, unexpected guests.
- Joseph nipping out with the shepherds to wet the baby’s head.
- The place (presumingly) looking like a mess.
- Drafty barn type accommodation.
- Dealing with a Talking Donkey.
- Possibly still fielding questions about the timing of the birth / marriage.
- Just as she’s just getting used to parenting, a bunch of “wise men” appear.
- That kid still flipping drumming.
- Wanting nappies as a gift… and getting myrrh.
- Wondering if the smell was baby or animal.
I guess I’m thankful we didn’t have to put up with a little drummer boy when Little Sofa was born.