Making Church More Exciting
Earlier today, Sofa found himself caught in a conversation about how exciting Church… doesn’t always come across as. So this evening after work, a couple of us took a quick survey of the people we could randomly find, and asked them “How would you make church more exciting?”. These are the top ten answers we got:
- In door fireworks… At any given moment
- Britain’s got talent style buzzers used during the sermon. Give one to every member of the congregation.
- If the preacher goes over the allocated time slot… Paint ball guns…
- Mute button on the worship leader for when he / she goes off on one.
- The Bible reading as a dramatic 4d experience.
- A gunge tank… Because they’re not used enough these days…
- Certain pews are connected to a surprise underground rollercoaster. Perfect seats for visitors / Bishops just popping to say hi.
- The team in charge of song lyrics on screens / handouts subtly change a few lyrics here and there. Watch and see what happens.
- After the service ends – organise fort building challenges using the pews / chairs / leadership team – to help build community.
- Employ a clown to welcome people in.
What would you add?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.