Christian festivals are great. Loads of stuff happening, from great speakers, and great people, to great bands, and tolerable food.
Loads of stuff happening, all the time. But what if you’re someone whose attention gets distracted at the best of times.
What if you find yourself wanting something a little different to do?* Here are ten ideas of alternative activities that can be done at a Christian festival.
- Say “Amen” with every point that the speaker makes. Get gradually louder as the talk progresses. Encourage others around you to join. See how loud you can all get. **
- If attending any Soul Survivor festival, dress like your attending a funeral. All week. And everytime some says “Soul Survivor”, you whisper”Long may it Rest in Peace”.
- Are you attending Creation Fest? Set up a stall saying, “Cream First. Change my mind”
- Facebook friend EVERYONE YOU MEET!!! Show you’re an awesome Christian by tagging them in inspirational Bible verse images.
Once an hour.
- See anyone eating bread? Offer them a glass of red wine. So they can eat like Jesus ate.***
- Start a rumour that the rumour about Delirious having a reunion show at the festival is simply a rumour. See what happens.
- If stuck in a heatwave. Play “Rain Down” really loudly, on an old guitar. Explain that you’re praying for the rain to come.
- See anyone drinking wine? Ask if you can share their communion.
- Live stream your whole festival experience on Facebook Live. ALL of it. Let me know what happens.
- Apologise for the late night guitar playing, by serving really strong decaff coffee every morning to the tents around you. Serve proper stuff in the evenings.
Any more you think that should be added?
* Please be careful. The Church Sofa takes no responsibility if you end up in Christian festival jail… or actual jail… or where ever…
**Be careful. This may lead to accidental reports of Revival breaking out. Due to you messing around.
On second thoughts. That could be quite funny.
*** MIght get expensive.