Sometimes. When inspiration leaves us. Boredom strikes. Yes, just like everyone else. Christians get bored. And not just during sermons.
Possibly during a period of illness, its not unusual to feel bored at times. At one point, (not when bored), Sofa did some research into what happens when Christians are bored.
Here is the Church Sofa list of 10 Things Christians Do When Bored*.
- Read all the bible plans on YouVersion.
- Build forts with leftover paper Bible studies.
- Artistically write Bible verses on sheets of paper.
- Email all the missionaries, (and any other random people associated with their church), to encourage and ask for prayer requests.
- Redecorate the local church office.
- Ponder / pray / day dream about what vulnerable people you could volunteer to work with… Never get round to asking for information from the right places.
- Turn on God TV*
- Download ALL THE SERMONS, from your church website. Email the preachers your personal critique.
- Actually sit down and write some new material for their Church blog.
- Turn off God TV*.
Have you got any to add?
*With apologies to God TV.