Welcome to The Summer!
The Summer – time of barbeques, paddling pools, and ice creams. Just like any part of the year, we shouldn’t miss a chance to evangelise and tell people about Jesus.
The question is. Are there ways to take advantage of the sun and the summer months to evangelise the gospel?
Here are the Church Sofa ways to evangelise when the sun is out.
- Don’t wear a top when you’re outside. Ensure your body is tattooed with Bible verses.
- The days are warmer. The nights are warmer. Break out that acoustic guitar and sing out of tune songs to our father, around a fire!
- Join a local running group, join in every week. Have fun. After a while offer to set up a web page for the running group. Arrange the web address to be MyBodyIsATemple.co.uk.
- Give ice lollies out to people in your neighbourhood. Make sure the lolly sticks have Bible verses printed on them.
- Set up a paddling pool out the front of your house. Explain that if people want to try it out, then they may accidentally be baptised at the same time.
- Update your Facebook with as many Sun / Son references as much as possible.
- Worship band practice. Windows open.
- Put on a barbecue for the neighbourhood. Insist people listen to a Gospel presentation before they can have a burger.
- Spend some time out in the garden / porch / balcony / front door step, playing some Christian music loud enough to be heard through open windows.
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.