10 Ways That Christian Kids Delay Bed Time
Long time readers of The Sofa will know of my daughter, “Little Sofa”. I don’t mention her often as this place is often about silly church things… not little person things.
Now, if you don’t have kids yourself, they seem to hate the concept of going to relax in a bed and gently going to sleep for the night. (It’s like they believe that they’ll miss out on all the fun if they sleep.)
Normally kids employ tactics to stay up like, running, dancing, needing a wee, and going to the toilet.
Lately I’ve noticed that Little Sofa occasionally tries a different technique to avoid going to sleep… She starts talking about church things… and well I guess we’re never sure how much we should tell her to go to sleep if she’s asking questions about Jesus?
Anyway here’s a collection of Christian style techniques she has employed to stay awake. (Some of which I may have made up):
- Opens up and explains what they did at Sunday school / holiday club.
- Asks questions about diversity within the human race, and why we’re created differently.
- Asks about the people out in the lions den.
- “Did Jesus go to school?”
- Test parents about deep theological matters.
- Starts writing practice. Writing Bible verses.
- Insists on a really long prayer.
- Sings a long forgotten song from Holiday Club, really nicely, with cute dialed up to 12.
- “How does God know our name?”
- Complains about a dream during which they are chased by a really big blue book.
Any more you can offer?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.