Sofa may receive some some money (not much) if you click on some of the links below…
Over the next month and a bit there will be loads of Christian Festivals all around England, which will attract many Christians from many different Churches from all over the place. With festivals such as Momentum, New Wine, Soul Survivor, Keswick, Greenbelt. and Creation Fest, there are plenty to choose from.
In an attempt to get into the Festival spirit, Sofa decided to
write the annual Church Sofa list of the best ways to create trouble at a Christian Festival ask around for ways to spread some “Joy” at these events…
- Have a supply of sweets to give out to people.
- Be servant hearted. Serve warm milky hot chocolate each night of the festival to the tents around you. On the last night, mix it up with espresso.
- Walk up to any musicians / famous Christian singer types and ask if they are U2.
- Print a T-Shirt saying “Its not like it used to be around here”.
- Walk around with an open wifi hotspot in your pocket. Lock it down so people can only access another festival website.
- Lead late night worship sessions. Ensure the worship is honest, by not tuning your guitar… not singing in tune… Also ensure that God can hear by singing loudly.
- Ask people if they’ve heard of the Delirious reunion tour, and their “Holy Troublemakers” single*?
- Ask everyone for their signature, explain they are all famous in Gods eyes. (Don’t ask famous Christians for their autograph)
- Tweet a photo of random peoples signatures to @thechurchsofa. Help me feel included in with the fun.
- Be servant hearted. Serve coffee each morning of the festival. Ensure it’s decaf on the last morning.
For more ideas, please check out last years list, Managing Mischief At A Christian Festival.
Disclaimer: Do any of these at your own risk, the Sofa takes no responsibility for any trouble that happens to you if you do this, but if you do end up in Christian Festival Jail, please let us know what that’s like.
*i may have made this up, but there is a song on Stu G’s “The Beatitudes Project” called Holy Troublemakers, which could be mistaken for a reunion.
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.