In case you’ve not heard, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is now released. Rogue One, while not one of “the prequels” is set soon before the original Star Wars, and is a good fun watch for fans of the first Star Wars movies, and people who want to start watching them. (But you will so miss the fan service that takes place)
As there is a new Star Wars film, it feels right to continue the series looking at What The Church Can Learn from Star Wars. (Please see here for the look at the original trilogy, or here for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.)
Obviously, there be spoilers for the new Star Wars movie ahead. Not massive spoilers – and probably more like hints… but they are still spoilers! If you care about spoilers, please go and watch the new movie first, then come back!
Please scroll past Darth Spoiler Vader to read What the Church can learn from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Don’t believe everything you hear. That internet rumour about anti-Donald Trump stuff in Star Wars, if its true, I didn’t see it.
- Don’t Judge A Druid On Your First Impressions
- Do NOT Discount The Strong Believer. They might be pretty handy in a fight.
- Parents. Talk To Your Kids! They might help blow up a Death Star one day.
- Be Ready To Change Your Opinion Of Someone. They might turn out to be handy with a blaster one day.
- That Person Who Keeps Muttering About The Force? Turns out they might be able to hear really well…
- Sometimes, you have to jump. How you’d make it makes very little sense, but you might still need to jump.
- Youth Pastor starting to have ambition? Blow up the planet he’s on.
- Watch out for old friends.
- Sometimes, life sucks. This is not a bright easy movie. It’s dark, and has a smell of death. You could say its a very 2016 movie.
- This is Not The End. You could almost say there is hope.
Any more you could add?
As always. Any problems with these, please let Disney know.
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.