Have you ever gone to a carol service Church Carol Service, and thought about how well behaved people seem to be? Have you ever got slightly bored and wondered what you could do about it? Or are you wanting to take the focus away from the teenagers that are being unreasonably tutted at? Well you might find some inspiration here in our list of Ten Ways to Misbehave at a Church Carol Service*:
- You know those spiky orange things? How well do you reckon they’ll work in a game of marbles?
- Keep referring to Christingles as “spiky orange things”.
- Find the secret hidden free chocolate stash… and get eating… at the start of the service.
- Are you at midnight mass? Swap the red wine for port*…
- During silent prayer, stick your hand up and ask when the big red guy is going to turn up?
- Do you go to a cool church that sings Christmas carols with up to do lyrics? Help out the worship band by singing the right lyrics, loudly.
- Order the Christmas special from your local pizza place
- Are you at a candle lit service? See how long you can hold one of the smaller candles for… For bonus points, challenge your neighbour.
- Don’t boil the mulled wine enough to get rid of the alcohol.*
- Spend the service theologically picking apart the historical and well loved Christmas carols you are seeing. Loudly. Within earshot of the worship team.
*Obviously any of this may really annoy people. Be careful of your audience. Play nice. We accept no responsibility if you end up in Church Jail***!
**You might want to tell any drivers they might actually be over the legal limit to drive. You can blame the youth worker or something…
*** What would Church Jail actually look like?
Any other ideas you’d like to add or admit to?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.