Welcome to September! All around the country, Churches have homegroups starting up for a new term. All ready for a new Bible study series. But how can homegroup leaders make the bible studies more interesting?
Here are 10 challenges for Homegroup leaders in your church.
- Spend the entire evening speaking in a bad Russian accent.
- Serve mug loads of espresso, accidentally make people think it’s decaf.
- (If you’re hosting) Don’t tidy up before housegroup. Act like everyone is making a huge mess of your lovely place.
- This requires some planning in advance, but ensure any and all toys are arranged ready for a bible study.
- When planning, crowdsource questions for your bible study.
- Plan the bible study while using the The Message version of the Bible.
- Illustrate every question with a Simpsons video clip.
- Doing a session on Baptism? Throw water balloons at each other.
- Leading a session on Hebrews chapter 4? Lead the Bible Study naked.
- Lead a session on “Waiting on God”. Encourage everyone to lay down on the floor / relax on the sofa, while you play a relaxing CD. DO NOTHING ELSE IN THE EVENING!
Any more ideas?
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.