Picture the situation. You’re at a summer wedding, with ALOT of folks from another church? Or you’ve just started at a Christian company. What should you consider not saying in such a situation? Here is, what could be, the results of The Sofas experience in such situations.
- “Baptist? Really?”
- “Urgg…. I’m so hung over…”
- “Oh you go to that new Church? How many conversions have you had since you started?*
- “So do you go to a Church that is anointed with the Holy Spirit?”
- “Hey, How YOU doin”
- “Yeah… I go to the cool church down the road from yours…”
- “You like Driscoll? Really??”
- “I don’t know how those churches can use incense, it really sets off my asthma, its really inconsiderate. What church did you say you went to again?”
- “yeah… we baptist people the biblical way in our church…”
- In response to “How do you know the lucky couple?”, DO NOT SAY “We used to go out drinking together… a lot”. The person you’re talking to probably hates drinking…*
*Possibly based on a true life conversation.
Is there anything else of note that we’ve not included?