Adult Baptisms are joyous occasions of people making fantastic promises in front of their Church family. The thing is, due to not every church having a local dodgy river, a baptism pool can be needed for these events. Baptism pools needing a lot of work filling… and emptying…
Considering we live in an efficient, austerity ran society it feels wrong that so much effort is put in for a one time use single purpose pool.
So what else could a baptism pool be used for? We came up with the following:
- Mass footwashing – Before or after the baptism… infact why not both!
- Duck Races – May need a fan to help propel the ducks.
- Pooh stick races – Similar to the above, but can appeal to fans of the childrens book “Stick Man”… and “Winnie the Pooh”.
- A Game of Dare – Challenge people to see how far they can lean over it…!!!
- A practical demonstration of the parting of the Red Sea.
- Prayers for the changing of water into wine.
- Swimming races, might need a particularly large baptism pool for this.
- Stack up some cups, encourage people to help themselves to a cold cup of water after the service.
- Add a large amount of flour, and throw in the youth worker.
Any other ideas for alternative baptism pool uses?
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.