Well its not just approaching the end of July, its also approaching Christian Festival season. With Festivals like Greenbelt, Momentum, Soul Survivor, Creation Fest, there are plenty to choose from. Many of these are great amazing times, and I doubt you’ll get bored at any of them, but you might. If you do, maybe you’ll find some inspiration here for the best way to misbehave at a Christian Festival
- Not at all charismatic? Surrounded by very charismatic worshippers? Feel out of place? Offer tea and refreshments to those around you. Obviously ask people to put their hands down if they want any drink.
- Start a rumor that Delirious aren’t really coming back together.
- Set up a mobile wifi hotspot, with no password. Call the network “Free WiFi For All”. Block access to Facebook and Twitter over it.
- Set up a toilet cubical, with big signs so that everyone knows its a toilet cubical. Forget to include the toilet.
- Do you snore? Position a megaphone inside your tent, so your snoring sounds are picked up by the megaphone. If people complain, explain how it’s been a problem all your life. Ask for prayer.
- Advertise a pop up pub that will appear on the last night of the festival, ensure the advertising mentions the words “Cheap” and “Beer” over and over. Set up a pop up pub, sell beer, dont mention its alcohol free…
- Encourage “serventhood” at the festival, by offering free coffees to people around your tent, as the week goes on increase the strength of the coffee. On the last day, switch to decaf.
- Dance like David danced during the worship. With the same amount of clothes…
- Have a stand up offering to baptise people. When people come to be baptised, use your super soaker to baptise them. Include red food colouring, when they look at you oddly, explain they’ve been baptised in the blood of the lamb.**
- Set up a game of laser quest. In and among people during a worship service. Something like this.
* There are loads more obviously, but I’m not going to list them all. Someone just has to be left out at somepoint.
**if you have the money, you could just use lambs blood.***
*** give this a really long think before you do this. It is kinda gross.
Any more suggestions?
For more ideas, check out last years list: Ten Ways to Misbehave at a Christian Festival.
Disclaimer: Do any of these at your own risk, the Sofa takes no responsibility for any trouble that happens to you if you do this, but if you do end up in Christian Festival Jail, please let us know what that’s like.
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.