At somepoint, your church may want to try its hand at Evangelism. This may well involve knocking on doors in the local area to ask the
victim householder what they think about God. Whilst randomly knocking on peoples doors may sound like an odd exercise, some churches have found this is a highly successful way of winning souls for Christ.
If knocking on doors doesn’t sound like something you’re interested in, you may need an excuse for when someone comes and tries to get you involved. Here are our 10 Excuses to Avoid Door Knocking for Jesus:
- “I actually hate all people. So therefore knocking on people’s doors, will just introduce me to more people I hate, and I’ve heard hate may be a bad thing. Personally, I quite like it.”
- “I’m actually coming down with the Black Death.”
- “Missing (what ever TV Show is on) will be bad enough, I can’t BELIEVE you’re asking me to stop other people from watching it.”
- “I’m worried I’ll accidentally chat someone up. I thought ‘flirt to convert’ was bad?” *wink*
- “I’ve broken my ankle. I couldn’t possibly sensibly walk the streets around here…” Proceed to walk away with out a problem.
- “Multiple people have accused me of being overly friendly, I’m worried I’ll spend the whole evening trying to get the first person I see to love me”. Make sure you hug the person asking you before you leave. A big long hug – no Christian side hug or anything like that.
- “Më vjen keq unë nuk e kuptoj anglisht”*
- “I’m Sorry, I’m allergic to doors”.
- “Sorry. That’s my pub night”.
- “I don’t know my shifts for that week yet, but I’ll let you know when I do” Ensure you send your boss an email to make sure you are working that evening.
Any more out there?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.