It’s been a few months now of smuggling “mini sofa” into Church, and pretending that she also knows when she to be quiet, when to make noise, etc…
After a while we figured we needed a selection of special tools to distract, entertain, and comfort mini-sofa, while ensuring her parents also get a chance to take part in the service.
So we’re proud to present, the “Take Your New Born / Baby to Church Survival Kit”
- Muslin to cover up the fact your using a dummy.
- Energy drink – Because having coffee after the service is a little late.
- Note pad, and pen – useful for things such as funny drawings, paper plane material, and possibly sermon notes.
- Church Approved Toy. (Does not make noise, nor make other kids, or preacher jealous that he/she can’t play with said toy).
- Nappy bag – with enough nappies to last the length of the sermon.
- Milk bottles containing Ministry Approved Milk.
- Breakfast – because you were busy before the service making sure everyone else ate!
- Push Chair. So you can race other “drivers” around the church hall.
- Map containing directions to nearest exit – in case of sudden ‘exit’ issues…
- Children’s Bible – because we all need help understanding sermons sometimes.
- A note in your organiser letting you know that the service is starting 30 mins earlier… you’re never going to get there on time otherwise…
Any more that we’ve missed?
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.