Well, last time we discussed “The Peace” we said:
“…This is the part of the service where the vicar would say something like “The peace of Christ be with you”, the congregation would respond with “and also with you”, before being invited to share the peace with each other.
Depending on the church depends on how crazy the following few minutes are, as the congregation starts shaking hands, hugging, or Christian kissing people around them. If you’re new and a little shy this will be the point you’ll find out how keen your new church is to seek you out and give you lots and lots of attention!”
So how can we as people doing this Peace thing react during this time? Well we’ve put together 10 ways for you to share the peace next Sunday:
- Shake hands with people.
- Hug your neighbour.
- Kiss on the cheek.
- European style kiss on the cheek.
- Big smacker kiss on the lips.
- Dance around the hall.
- Run around shaking hands with as many people as you can in 60 seconds (post the results below if you wish!)
- Introduce yourself to someone new, while pretending to be from a different country.
- Say hello to the person leading the service. Ask if they get lonely standing up there by themselves.
- Encourage everyone on your side of the hall to swap places with everyone on the other side of the hall.
Any other ideas?
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.