Weekly RoundUp: The Serious Edition
Trigger warnings for this one, as some of the links include discussion about possibly sensitive topics. Please remember that some of the following in particular is a review of the comments and discussion made over the last week, and as sometimes is the case, some of which have been apologized for:
- “We dont need professional youth workers.” Sound familiar? Emily Hewson takes a look at why you can’t replace professional youth workers with volunteers.
- There’s been a bit of a storm over a couple of blogs this week in regards to comments made in reference to 50 Shades of Grey on The Gospel Coalition site (link to a google cache page). Jesus Needs New PR, Rachel Held Evans, and The Restored Blog probably represent what was said quite well. The important thing to remember is the follow up from Jared Wilson entitled “Some Reflections, Just One Explanation, and Apologies“.
- Sam Gibb asks what does it mean to be a real man, what is this elusive ‘biblical masculinity’, and can you wear Cardigans?
- The Guardian newspaper takes a long hard look at Food Banks… which sadly seem to be needed more and more… (h/t to @IanGBlack)
- Moving to the Comment is free section of The Guardian website, in the light of the recent shootings in America, Gary Younge asks if there is going to be a discussion about gun control, and if not now, when is the right time?
- Are you starting Uni after the summer? Get connected, get prepared with UCCF. (h/t to @davebish)
- … and finally…. sojo.net shares why Men Should Not Be Ordained For Ministry… (h/t to @davidmkeen)
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.