The Church Sofa Guide To Church: How To Survive A Boring Sermon
Sometimes. Every now and then. You may find yourself in a boring sermon like what Bart finds himself trapped in:
So how can you cope during such a situation?
Try our list of 10 Ways To Occupy Yourself During A Boring Sermon:
- See if you can tie your neighbours shoe laces to their chair or pew whilst pretending to be deep in contemplative prayer.
- Search the weekly update sheet for mistypes to point out to the vicar later.
- For the more charismatic types, lay down. Sleep. See how long it takes to be awoken by the sound of people praying over you.
- Cough every time the preacher says the word God/Jesus and see if anyone catches on.
- Repeatedly try to catch the preachers eye and wink at them.
- Tweet a message to The Church Sofa. ( @thechurchsofa )
- Attempt to get your row to do a mexican wave.
- Hum the mission impossible theme tune and see if you can get out with out anyone seeing.
- Every time the preacher asks a rhetorical question, answer it out loud.
- Pull faces at the preacher and see how long it is before they laugh.
Anything we’ve missed?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.