Last week, ThatAndy stuck up for the old school Church Pew.
Now personally I reckon that Chairs are not only the future in Church comfort, but they’re also overly more useful. Basically chairs are better then pews because:
- Chairs are usually more comfortable.
- Chairs work very well as foot rests, pews are much more damaging to the ankles.
- Can be set up for slalom races…better than straight line races any day.
- The give the health and safety person something to moan about when they’re stacked 5 times the height of the tallest person in the church. This moaning helps them feel wanted. Which is a good.
- More useful as building blocks (i.e if you want to find out what Solomon’s temple looked like during a boring sermon).
- On the subject of boring sermons a pew would be very hard work to throw at the preacher… a chair on the other hand…
- When you’re told to take a seat, with a chair you could literally take it with you
- There is always one really bad chair that you don’t want…this encourages people to be on time…
- You can lean back on a chair on 2 legs, I know that is not what it was made for but we all do it… Try it on a pew… go on… try it…
- The youth worker is kept happy with chairs for when they have a crazy idea involving the whole church building, like when I turned the church into a beach by filling it with sand, turning the heat up, lighting a BBQ and playing volleyball! (Lets face it, a happy youth worker is important)
Any other reasons?
So which gets your vote? The chair or the pew?