Church Sofa Half Serious Guide to Church: Holy Communion
Communion, (otherwise known as Holy Communion, Eucharist, The Lord’s Supper, The Breaking of Bread, and Mass) is an act of Christian worship which involves sharing bread and wine between the people present. This is to remember The Last Supper and the events that followed it.
A solemn act of worship to remember the ultimate act of love.
Sadly sometimes people do take communion for various reasons:
- Because Church happens so early in the morning that you skipped breakfast… And that bread looks good.
- Because you’re in the church worship band, and every gig needs alcohol.
- It’s a rite of passage.
- It’s kinda the reason why we are there in the first place…
- If you’re a Christian and have a drink early on a Sunday morning, that’s ok and socially acceptable.
- Because if you take a big enough lump of bread, you can save money on lunch…
- Because (by sharing one cup between many people) we prove Christians don’t get ill.
- Because seeing how high Jesus’ blood alcohol level is, makes us a little less guilty about our own.
- Because they have real wine… and your last church used the non alcoholic stuff…
- Think how long the sermon would be if the communion wasn’t there, as such people take Communion because they’re thankful.
Any other reasons?
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.