Its an argument that has been going on since its invention.
Yes its comfy, yes they are warmer to the touch then a pew.
But why should we uproot tradition in some churches, and replace the humble pew, with the young chair?
Here are a few reasons why I really do believe the Mighty Church Pew should be protected in our churches:
- People expect to see a pew in a church. Lets not make people feel any more uncomfortable then they are.
- Solid climbing frame. You can let the kids go nuts over them, and have no fear of chair style tippage.
- Mini race tracks.
- Easier to keep track of ‘your pew’ – Less chance of a pew moving…
- You can talk for ages after the service and not have anyone try and stack your pew away from under you.
- You can save your chewing gum for next time.
- A handy shelf for supplies like bibles, song books, notice sheets, coke, chocolate… etc…
- Put a few cushions down, get a blanket, and you’ve got yourself somewhere to kip.
- Need a bigger youth budget? Got a pew with a door on the end? Charge people to enter the back couple of rows.
- “Best burning material since we burned the cat.”
Any other reasons why pews work better then chairs?
The “chair people” will get their say next week!
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.