So you’re there, at the Church Annual General Meeting, its ten minutes in and you’re already planning your exit strategy… What do you do to escape the meeting… What do you do… The list we came up with:
- Gnaw your own legs off, or dig a tunnel…
- Arrange for the youthclub to turn up half way through the AGM – pop out to deal with it!
- Light the thurible under the smoke detector (be careful with this… the meeting may be postponed until another time)
- Volunteer to help count the votes… resist the temptation to tamper with the results (200 Votes for the Church Cat to join the PCC may seem funny, but apparently isn’t acceptable behaviour…)
- Create make believe child… that you need to rush out and look after… because your make believe child is crying…
- Volunteer your mate sat next to you for things when they’re not paying attention.
With thanks to @Gerrarrdus for joining in the game with some of the above suggestions… just a shame my reception died… Please feel free to tweet or comment any of your suggestions!
Blogger / WordPress / Email List Guy.
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.