He is the over the top – stereotypical – evangelical Christian character in The Simpsons. He’s obviously there to get a reaction from certain parts of the Church, and also there just to poke obvious fun at Christianity.
I’m not sure if I’d run away if he tried to speak to me at church or not, but we do love him none the less .
So here are our top 6 reasons why we love Ned Flanders.
- THAT Moustache! What a fantastic piece of face decoration, giving such a unique identity to his entire face!
- While we’re talking about his appearence – he is always wearing such a splendid green sweater! Gok Wan can learn from this guys style!
- Hes the one that you always hope would be at house group so you dont have to answer the questions.
- He is always ready. Do you need someone baptised? Ned has an Emergency Baptism Kit! (Can you buy those from anywhere?) The guy is even ready to take the Christmas day sermon at a moments notice! (kinda)
- He is the best example of a Loving neighbour on our TV screens. How would you cope living next door to Homer Simpson?
- He is so committed. When a comet is about to slam in to Springfield, he is calm while Rev Lovejoy panics. On a similar note, when Springfield is about to be blown up in the Simpsons Movie; Ned is found in the Church, with his family, praying to God. I’m not sure where I would be.
Blogger / WordPress / Web / Social media Guy
Support worker. Short sentences. I write Bio in.