I dont know how I came across this. But it seems there was an art exhibition a while back which featured Daleks painted into nativity type scenes.
After complaints from local Christians in Cornwall, it seems the exhibition simply moved up to Cardiff – the spiritual home of Doctor Who.
I wonder if I have enough Lego to recreate more Bible scenes with Doctor Who characters?
Check out The Spectator for more information.
A little early I know,
But this is something for the
fans of Guinea Pigs out there…
Its a weekend in Lockdown. For many of us weekends include Church on the Sunday. During a pandemic, the act of going to a church building is far more complicated then ever.
Therefore may I present the Church Sofa List of Ways To Do Church during 2021:
- Put it on YouTube.
- Put it on YouTube, join in with the comments.
- Arrange to watch an online service at the same time as other Christians. Perhaps chat on WhatsApp at the same time.
- All gather via on Zoom, chat, pray, read a bible verse, talk about that bible verse.
- Give the national C of E “Daily Hope” number a call – 0800 804 8044
- Ask if you local church has a number to dial into.
- Give someone a call / drop them a message to say hi.
- Watch it on Facebook Live, join in with comments, share the video onto your feed?
- Live near someone from Church? How about dropping a card / chocolate / cake around?
Any other ideas?
Are you a Christian who just likes to dance?
Have you ever played “Just Dance”, and thought “This could do with a little more praise?”
Well it seems Christian Just Dance might be a thing… at least the videos are a thing anyway…
Check out the Christian Just Dance – Just dance fandom website for more information.
In his trawling of the internet, Sofa occasionally comes across something a bit more serious. Here, Dawn Smith discusses growing up in a religious cult and what it takes to leave everything you’ve ever known.
Our secret reporter Matthew has forwarded us an advance copy of the new church news letter from from St Judes in The Marshes.
I for one will be looking forward to learning how to make coffee taste like church at home.
I wonder what the next issue will cover?
Are there any better reactions? I dont know if its a hang over from 2020, but I dont seem to have many words to hand right now…?