What really happened during “Footprints”
Well… I guess it does look beautiful…
“When asked why there was only one set of footprints in the sand, Jesus replied…”
Welcome to the seventh (SEVENTH!) edition of The Church Sofa Awards.
This is where we celebrate the best and sometimes worse moments of 2016, featured both on this blog and around the internet. Obviously the standard rules apply, no actual awards will be given out or harmed during these proceedings.
The first award is…
Church Notice Board of The Year: Well this interesting bit of advertising seemed popular… Not sure why…
Most useful Church Sofa List: It looks like we helped people learn how to prepare for when the Vicar visits with our “Vicar coming to visit” checklist.
The Greatest Regret from 2016: Last year I wrote, “Sofa does try and educate people about Church and Churchy things through the form of lists. This years most popular list seems to be A Reminder of What Is Not in The Bible. I still sometimes ponder writing more about what isn’t in the Bible….” I still have the same ponder, and I’ve still done nothing about it. Sad how quick a year can pass isn’t it?
The Church Toilet of The Year:
Silly Song of The Year:
Anyone else fancy a pizza?
Hero of The World.*
He may not be the hero we need.
But we really feel K2SO from Star Wars – Rogue One, is the hero 2016 deserves.
I would explain why… but *shhh* spoilers…
*This last award may not be serious… Actually none of them are really serious…
What do you reckon? Are then any awards which we should have included??
Any awards that should have been different?
Any thing that we’ve missed out?
In case you’ve not heard, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is now released. Rogue One, while not one of “the prequels” is set soon before the original Star Wars, and is a good fun watch for fans of the first Star Wars movies, and people who want to start watching them. (But you will so miss the fan service that takes place)
As there is a new Star Wars film, it feels right to continue the series looking at What The Church Can Learn from Star Wars. (Please see here for the look at the original trilogy, or here for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.)
Obviously, there be spoilers for the new Star Wars movie ahead. Not massive spoilers – and probably more like hints… but they are still spoilers! If you care about spoilers, please go and watch the new movie first, then come back!
Please scroll past Darth Spoiler Vader to read What the Church can learn from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- Don’t believe everything you hear. That internet rumour about anti-Donald Trump stuff in Star Wars, if its true, I didn’t see it.
- Don’t Judge A Druid On Your First Impressions
- Do NOT Discount The Strong Believer. They might be pretty handy in a fight.
- Parents. Talk To Your Kids! They might help blow up a Death Star one day.
- Be Ready To Change Your Opinion Of Someone. They might turn out to be handy with a blaster one day.
- That Person Who Keeps Muttering About The Force? Turns out they might be able to hear really well…
- Sometimes, you have to jump. How you’d make it makes very little sense, but you might still need to jump.
- Youth Pastor starting to have ambition? Blow up the planet he’s on.
- Watch out for old friends.
- Sometimes, life sucks. This is not a bright easy movie. It’s dark, and has a smell of death. You could say its a very 2016 movie.
- This is Not The End. You could almost say there is hope.
Any more you could add?
As always. Any problems with these, please let Disney know.
What if Darth spent Star Wars quoting the Bible?
(includes a little amount of NSFW – or kids language)
I guess it could be worse, it could have been Jar Jar Binks…