A conversation between the church sofa lads in a pub can very easily be plotted out.
We start about beer, move onto computers, then move onto something churchy. Sometimes something goes wrong and the lines get blurred . In this one case we ended up comparing churches to PC’s in the style of these old adverts:
So what signs does a church show, if it looks like a PC?
- My Word! You’re a practical bunch aren’t you!
- Nicely accepting as well anyone can join in.
- Shame you lot accept any passing colds and other viruses as well…
- You’re honest. You accept your failings.
- If someone wants to bring their friend along… the chances are their friend is going to fit in easier with you than the Mac down the road…
- Teaching over style?
- You try and start on time, but it takes a while to get started.
- Remember that time everything was going really well, smoothly, in the flow, then it… all goes blue!
- Simple questions all the time. For Example “Are you sure you want to pray? Yes or No”
- When a service goes wrong, you need to stop, close all the church windows, then start the service again.
Is there anything we should have included?
Is your church a PC? Is that a good or bad thing?
Part 2 is due next week…