Question. There are over 212 balloons in the above photo. The above location is due to host a church home group next week.
Should we shift the balloons by then? Or does the idea of a home group surrounded by loads of balloons sound good?
Vote now in the below tweet!
Or let me know in the comments below.
Imagine you’ve dragged your none Christian friends / family to Church. Well done. You’ve got them there. Now what if the person leading the service, or giving the sermon is feeling particularly…. adventurous. What if the person leading the service goes a little rogue and says, or encourages everyone to do something a little… different?
What do you NOT want them to say??
How about this collection of comments that may or may not have some bearing on real life events…
- “Turn to the person on your right, and make your confession”
- “Why don’t we spend a few minutes, where we all share our favorite Bible verses with each other?
- “Grab each others hands! Dont be shy! Now lets dance around the hall!”
- After the above “Let us all turn, look, and lay hands on the person having an asthma attack after all that dancing!”
- “In this time of prayer, we will anoint each other with (baby) oil”
- “As we are a family church, lets ensure we treat each other as family. To that end, lets all invite the person sitting in front of us to dinner this week?”
- “Let us show our servant heart to each other, and wash the feet of the people next to us”
- “Let us sing out own joyful song of praise. In our own Heavenly tongue if needed”
- “Wasn’t that a lovely word from the Pastor? I would love it if we could all turn to the people around us, and share 3 things we learnt from Gods word tonight”
- “In the spirit of the early Church, I would like us to give each other a Holy Kiss”
Any you could add?
(Its just occurred to me that I could call this “Christian Introvert Nightmares”)
Found over at Memes for Jesus.
Its my birthday this week! Woo! I am finally reaching the old age of 32*, and to mark the occasion I figured I would explore the world of Christian gifts, and birthday presents.
Well there more “interesting” things out there, I figured I would kinda base this on my own wish list of stuff (Which for the benefit of any friends and family reading this – IS NOT THE BELOW)
Here is the Church Sofa Top 5 Christian birthday presents: (Clicking some links may provide input to the Sofa Birthday fund)
The Jesus Bottle Opener
Need to open a beer and tell people about love for Jesus? This would be perfect!
Christian Chocolate Balls?
Because chocolate is good…
A Christian Paper Weight?
That’s what it is right?
Somewhere Inspirational To Put a Pint?
Found at Eden.co.uk
A Christian T Shirt
Perfect for the creationist in your life?
Any other ideas?
(Dearest family and friends, please feel free to ask for my wish list… please don’t get confused with the above!)
*At least that’s how old I was when I stopped counting.