Every now and then a colder night comes along and reminds us of a simple fact of life. Its still not Summer yet, and the heating gets turned up.
But how should a Christian heat their home? We have a few ideas…
- Have a hot mug of Church Coffee. There’s not much taste but you’ll have heat your home if you bring enough home.
- Get home group over, and arrange to meet in the smallest room you have. The combined body heat, will at least warm your room up.
- Invite the deaconate over. The hot air will warm your home up. For weeks.
- Cook for EVERYONE in church. The heat from your cooker will at least warm your kitchen up. But it may also melt any chocolate you have.
- Spend your days and nights doing as many exercise routines that you can, you’ll be shattered, but you will probably feel warmer for it!
- Pews. Fire Place? Just saying…?
- Pray for fire to fall from heaven… and for it to fall in a safe and accurate way. Accurate, because you probably don’t want your home to burn down, due to an access amount of heavenly fire.
- Use those left over Bible study notes as fuel for the fire.
- Spend long enough watching this on your TV…
When you have chips, do you need ketchup?
Do you love Jesus?
Do you enjoy puns?
Are you looking for ways to spread his name, and shake all the above together?
This is the T-Shirt for you!
Find it over at Amazon (affiliate link)
If Easter and Christmas have something in common, well they both have a lot in common – but as they care both Christian holidays. As such, both seasons seem to have moments of Christian outrage associated with them.
It’s a long time before Easter, but the sofa has already picked up on Twitter outrage about Easter.
So here’s the start of Easter 2018 outrage list. A list of things that Christians have got / get outraged about during Easter this year.
This list is expected to be updated.
I’m not sure if this is what isaiah 58:14, is about – but I’m happy to be wrong.
It appears this has been happening at The Bethel Church in America…
Its late (whilst I’m typing this). But I cant help but think that it would make an awesome blog series, if I was to travel around the world seeing stuff like this.
Anyone got a fortune they would like to give me?
It seems it might sound like this…
They say that “cleanliness is next to godliness”, I’m not sure “they” are, and I’m not sure if “they” are right. But one time, while cleaning up for Housegroup, I did wonder. Are there “Christian ways to keep a house clean”? (Its the way my mind seems to work)
After consulting some particularly godly people, I gathered the following tops to keep a tidy Christian house.
- Invite housegroup to meet at your place… EVERY WEEK!!
- Preach on servanthood at Church. Encourage people to put that into action by cleaning up your place.
- Do not store up ANY treasures. Live a minimal life. Throw out EVERYTHING apart from your bible.
- Dont drink things like Tea that needs things like Tea Bags, as that creates needless waste… drink red wine… just like Jesus.
- Dont buy any Christian books. Convince your church to get it for the church book lending library, and borrow it from there instead.
- Only have one Bible. (Possibly the King James Version)
- Throw out your DVDs / Blurays… Sign up to Pureflix.com instead.
- Avoid beer bottles being built up. Drink only red wine. (Better if you buy red wine in those big boxes)
- You pray for the spirit of peace to come over your house everyday. Just hope that no one looks in the garden.
- Treat your house like Holy Ground… TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!!!
How do you keep your house tidy?
A Welcoming leaflet seen in a Church somewhere.
There’s something about this that kinda gets my attention, and I like.
I’m not sure what it is…