Here’s a little news item from Devon.
A man has appeared in court for racially aggravated assault and criminal damage – the criminal damage in question was burning his wife’s Bible.
The guy in question has been given a fine by the court of £666.
What are the odds?
Check out devonlive.com for more information.
Well, it seems that the National Bible Bee is a thing.
Do you find yourself forgetting the important things in life?
Do you wish you could get alarmed by the Bible?
Do you need to be reminded to go to Church?
Check out the Jesus Alarm for the iPhone.
After watching this, I’m kinda tempted to take a few Bible style photos…
You may or may not know, that David Suchet (well known for BEING Poirot), released an audio reading of The Bible a while ago.
Recently, David Suchet gave a live reading of Marks Gospel at St Pauls Cathedral in London, which has been uploaded onto YouTube for everyone’s listening:
A lego look at 1 Samuel 18:27…
How many foreskins???
(Found by @notdodgy on Twitter)
*Might not actually be weekly.
Yeap. Its another Clickbait Bible thing. (I totally admit it – or do I ? Click here to find out*)
If you’re a fan of Clickbait Bible headline, the awesome Wardrobe Door blog has a huge collection of 66 shocking clickbait headlines for the Bible you won’t believe.
Imagine the situation: You’re hosting your church home group, and the person leading the Bible study doesn’t turn up. What do you do? You could ditch the bible study, have a quick chat and get on with your lives? (But no one ever seems to want to do that)
Or you could lead a bible study anyway? But what is your bible study going to be about? To help get you started here are our Emergency Housegroup Leaders Kit Of Ideas!
- You’re going to need an energy kick to get through this. All the cool kids seem to drink Monster…
- Bibles. Have lots and lots of Bibles! Hand them out. Get people to read a verse or twenty at random. Ask people what they think about said random verses.
- An impressive Bible book. Unlocking The Bible is one…
- Buy and bring a local business a present. Explain that you wanted to bring them a present to encourage them.
- Bible Through Lego! Use Lego characters to tell Biblical truths. Or something…
- Ask everyone to give an encouraging Bible verse to the person on the left. Give them all a chalk pen to take home with them to write the Bible verse on a mirror at home. (You can use the Encouraging Bible Verse Picker for help)
- Ask deep searching questions about these unfortunate Bible verses. (Examples of questions you can ask include “How do these verses speak into your life?”)
- Got some cushions? Get everyone to lay down, and “wait on God” / Pray / meditate / sleep / whatever…
- A video clip of someone talking about God. Saves you from having to do it…
- Just drag everyone down to the pub, and buy them all a pint.
Any other ideas you’d like to add?