Megan Phelps-Rope, formerly part of Westboro Baptist Church has given possibly THE TED talk of the year, in which she shares details of life inside Westboro Baptist Church and discusses how conversations on Twitter were key to her decision to leave it.
When Thoughts And Prayers Are Offered…
Shame the phrase isn’t “Prayers and Action”?
Interesting comments from Pat Robertson about Trump, and America… “America is the great hope of the world”:
You know that book “The Christ For Christ”?
Well continuing Christian Hollywood’s quest to make movies out of every slightly popular book, there is going to be a “The Christ For Christ” movie.:
Have you ever wondered what people who aren’t used to Church services, think about Church services? Have you ever wondered if its clear what you should be doing in a church communion service? Have you ever wondered what you probably should not do during communion?*
Here’s our list…
- Sneeze in to the hair of the person in front of you.
- Loudly discuss if the common cold is contagious.
- Loudly discuss the vintage of the wine, just after you’ve had a sip.
- Start a debate about the various names for the communion service.
- Give everyone a special Holy Kiss during the peace.
- Jesus took communion as part of a meal. Time for a food fight?
- Ask your neighbour if they’ve had their flu shots recently.
- If you happen to take two bits of bread… anything you can make a sandwich with?
- Loudly question the choice of wine, and ask for cider instead. The colder the better
- You know the napkin that is passed around with The Communion Cup? Use that to blow your nose.
Any other suggestions?
*The Church Sofa doesn’t accept any responsibilities for any action that results from the above. If you get involved in a food fight, please don’t blame us!
Remember when DC Talk were cool?
Remember when DC Talk summed up everything 90s in one 90s music video?
Well here is DC Talk – Jesus Is Just Alright (Does anyone else think that this is a wonderfully lukewarm sentiment?)
(Does anyone else think that this is a wonderfully lukewarm sentiment?)