Video profiling the Exeter Street Pastors
Well heres something from digital spy:
‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ the reality show: Bonkers or brilliant?
In the finale of every episode of Andrew Lloyd Webber‘s last reality show – BBC One’s ‘Hunt for a Dorothy’ series Over the Rainbow – the failed stage hopefuls were forced to hand back their ruby slippers to Webber and were slowly lifted off the stage delivering a (usually teary) version of ‘Over the Rainbow’.
During Webber’s hunt for a Dorothy, speculation on the Digital Spyforums grew about what musical the West End composer would cast for next. After having money-spinning hits with Maria, Joseph and Nancy, future series were inevitable, but the list of potential shows appeared to be shortening.
The possibility of Webber resurrecting (see what we did there) his Broadway rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar was often thrown around as a joke. The possibility of Webber uttering the lines, ‘you could still be Jesus’/’you are not Jesus’/’you’re more of a Judas than a Jesus’/’do you think you have what it takes to be Jesus?’ sounded hilarious, but unrealistic. Surely the BBC wouldn’t risk making a TV show about finding someone to play Jesus Christ. The Daily Mail would nail them to the cross (see what we did there) for it.
The BBC opted not to take such a gamble, but ITV1 has. Webber has launched his search todayfor “a new Jesus”, who will star in an updated arena tour of his popular stage hit.
I’m not sure what the worst part of this is going to be… The Mail… The obvious complaints… Or the show itself…
You dont get your money back here…
So… its been a busy week in the twitter / blog world…
- So… @PastorMark has been speaking to Christian Today… and well… he got a reactions from Richard Littledale, eChurch, KrishK, @TalkinChristian, @Gurdur, @deanrobertsnet, ourselves (plus some fantastic comments), and many many more…
- …To be fair, he did Mark Driscoll did reply on his blog…
- …Which got the following reaction from Christianity Magazine.
- On a calmer note @YouVersion shares the top 10 bookmarked Bible verses (within the YouVersion app)
- The CVM Blog shares the horror story that is; going to church.
- @pmphillips shares his Rend Collective review – On this note does anyone know where I could listen to it free online?
- …and finally… the Doctor issues a warning on the Beer : Stuff : Nonsense blog.
“Lord Buddha, I know I’m not suppose to want stuff, but c’mon”
Did you really say this?
“Let’s just say this: right now, name for me the one young, good Bible teacher that is known across Great Britain. You don’t have one – that’s the problem. There are a bunch of cowards who aren’t telling the truth.”
Dont want to sound mean (but if I dont tell the truth I’m a coward), but its not like you’re particularly well known over here for being a young good Bible teacher.
P.S Do you have a new book out or something?
Find out what I’m on about:
Update – Pastor Mark offers a reply…