In case you missed it, a follow up to the
Christian Gorefest The Passion Of The Christ is being planned. According to Den of Geek:
A huge hit on its original release in 2004, Mel Gibson’s bloody, violent The Passion Of The Christ remains the most successful independent movie of all time. It brought in over $600m in worldwide ticket sales, costing just $30m to make.
Gibson’s new film as director, Hacksaw Ridge, has begun screening, and once it’s released, it might just be that he turns his attention to a The Passion Of The Christ sequel.
Screenwriter Randall Wallace has revealed that he’s working on a screenplay for a new film, which this time would follow the story of the resurrection of Jesus. And whilst Gibson hasn’t confirmed the story, Wallace has, and the pair are said to be working together on the new project.
While it seems the The Passion Of The Christ sequel may focus on what happened after the resurrection, we wondered how this may be presented on screen, in a manner that the fans of the original movie may appreciate.
Here are a couple of potential plotlines / titles we’ve written for The Passion Of The Christ 2:
- The Passion Of The Christ: Peters Tale. A movie telling the last moments of Jesus’s life from Peters point of view, finishing with the restoration of Peter. Therefore leading to the audiance getting the expected 60 minutes of horror gore, but this time around, Passion 2 includes Peters hopeful quest for restoration.
- The Passion Of The Christ: Personal Passion. During the days after his resurrection, Jesus is tempted by Satan into taking revenge on the ones responsible for his death. Will he bring heavenly revenge on people, or will he show a level of forgiveness that has never been seen before?
- The Passion Of The Christ: Before The Resurrection. As Jesus prepares to take on death, in a battle for all humanity. He realises that he first must meet Judas one last time.
- The Passion Of The Christ: Passion Falls. Earths story has finished. The end of time is here. Jesus had returned. As he looks over creation he remembers the last time he was here.
- The Passion Of The Christ: A New Testament. The Resurrection has gone wrong. Jesus finds himself resurrected in 21st Century America. Coincidentally at the same time that Judas has somehow found himself resurrected. Leading to a buddy movie like no other, as Jesus and Judas travel around the world, on a quest to unite mankind with God.
What would you like to see in the new movie?
We have previously looked at the different Bibles that are out there. The Bible Emoji is a Bible that we missed out on.
Available from iBooks, it seems that it is the King James Bible with emojis thrown in for good measure, which leads to verses like this:
The Bible… translated w/ Emojis! pic.twitter.com/PJLzotms1h
— Bible Emoji (@BibleEmoji) June 6, 2016
Have you ever looked at your Bible and wondered, “this could do with more emojis?“
What if… You joined a new Church, but before you were allowed to settle there, you had to prove you were a Christian? What they ask you questions about the Bible? Would they make you sit an exam about Bible things, to prove you’re a Christian?
If they did, would a Christian Exam Paper look something like this?
The above may have been inspired by reports of Christian refugees being quizzed on Bible knowledge. Read the BBC website for more information.