Imagine you’ve dragged your none Christian friends / family to Church. Well done. You’ve got them there. Now what if the person leading the service, or giving the sermon is feeling particularly…. adventurous. What if the person leading the service goes a little rogue and says, or encourages everyone to do something a little… different?
What do you NOT want them to say??
How about this collection of comments that may or may not have some bearing on real life events…
- “Turn to the person on your right, and make your confession”
- “Why don’t we spend a few minutes, where we all share our favorite Bible verses with each other?
- “Grab each others hands! Dont be shy! Now lets dance around the hall!”
- After the above “Let us all turn, look, and lay hands on the person having an asthma attack after all that dancing!”
- “In this time of prayer, we will anoint each other with (baby) oil”
- “As we are a family church, lets ensure we treat each other as family. To that end, lets all invite the person sitting in front of us to dinner this week?”
- “Let us show our servant heart to each other, and wash the feet of the people next to us”
- “Let us sing out own joyful song of praise. In our own Heavenly tongue if needed”
- “Wasn’t that a lovely word from the Pastor? I would love it if we could all turn to the people around us, and share 3 things we learnt from Gods word tonight”
- “In the spirit of the early Church, I would like us to give each other a Holy Kiss”
Any you could add?
(Its just occurred to me that I could call this “Christian Introvert Nightmares”)
American Christian Actor, Kirk Cameron commented a little about the hurricanes that have battered America recently.
In a Facebook video, that got seen at least 750,000 times, Kirk Cameron commented in regards to Hurricane Irma:
“How should we look at two giant hurricanes coming back to back like this? Do we write them off as coincidence? Do we write it off as a statistical anomaly? Wow! Who would’ve thought? Is it just Mother Nature in a bad mood?”
Kirk then chooses a Bible verse that can be taken to suggest that the thinks that God “causes [storms] to happen for punishment, or to water his land to demonstrate his faithful love.”
Here’s the video:
Whatever he meant, I cant help he ends it basically saying “I’m outta here. Good Luck”
In case anyone out there is intrigued by what a Google for “christian response to hurricane” gets, I actually got these guys…
I don’t really know the American Family Association, but they seem to be planning on doing something to help. And cant help but notice that not may people have viewed their video compared to this…
Personally. As far as explanations go, I quite this from BBC Newsnight.
Whats your favorite “bad weather explanation”?
Would Iron Man and Batman really be hanging out like this?
Wouldn’t Batman and Superman be to busy fighting?
Isn’t Batman the trouble maker of the group?