It seems to happen. Sooner or later, a Church with a church building of a certain age needs to look into fixing their roof.
Now presuming people would normally give money to their church anyway, what else can be done to raise – the extra – money for the Church roof?
Here are our 10 different ideas for raising money for a new church roof*:
- Hire it as a football pitch. Could sell any holes in the roof as “special goals”.
- Roof top tours. Just like the cathedral..?
- Divert money from the fund for a new driveway?
- Obstacle course!! Particularly good if there are bits that people may fall down.
- Storage space for outside equipment. Just chuck it on the roof!
- Sponsored tent making competition. Aim to create the best temporary church roof, that way you’re encouraging people to give money for the new roof, while coming up with a short term solution!
- Roof Top Garden. Charge people to plant anything in your roof.
- Weather reporting platform. Hire it to your local TV station for local weather forecasts.
- Outdoor drama stage hire. Perfect for performances of the passion around Easter time.
- Stage for local bands. Something like this?
What other ideas do you have?
*The Church Sofa takes no responsibility for people falling off / through / into the roof. Any injuries what so ever. Any police arresting you or anyone for any of the above. In fact. The Church Sofa takes no responsibility, for anything.
(People I work with / Mrs Sofa – Please don’t feel the need to agree with the above paragraph!)