They say that “cleanliness is next to godliness”, I’m not sure “they” are, and I’m not sure if “they” are right. But one time, while cleaning up for Housegroup, I did wonder. Are there “Christian ways to keep a house clean”? (Its the way my mind seems to work)
After consulting some particularly godly people, I gathered the following tops to keep a tidy Christian house.
- Invite housegroup to meet at your place… EVERY WEEK!!
- Preach on servanthood at Church. Encourage people to put that into action by cleaning up your place.
- Do not store up ANY treasures. Live a minimal life. Throw out EVERYTHING apart from your bible.
- Dont drink things like Tea that needs things like Tea Bags, as that creates needless waste… drink red wine… just like Jesus.
- Dont buy any Christian books. Convince your church to get it for the church book lending library, and borrow it from there instead.
- Only have one Bible. (Possibly the King James Version)
- Throw out your DVDs / Blurays… Sign up to Pureflix.com instead.
- Avoid beer bottles being built up. Drink only red wine. (Better if you buy red wine in those big boxes)
- You pray for the spirit of peace to come over your house everyday. Just hope that no one looks in the garden.
- Treat your house like Holy Ground… TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!!!
How do you keep your house tidy?