Have you ever wondered what people who aren’t used to Church services, think about Church services? Have you ever wondered if its clear what you should be doing in a church communion service? Have you ever wondered what you probably should not do during communion?*
Here’s our list…
- Sneeze in to the hair of the person in front of you.
- Loudly discuss if the common cold is contagious.
- Loudly discuss the vintage of the wine, just after you’ve had a sip.
- Start a debate about the various names for the communion service.
- Give everyone a special Holy Kiss during the peace.
- Jesus took communion as part of a meal. Time for a food fight?
- Ask your neighbour if they’ve had their flu shots recently.
- If you happen to take two bits of bread… anything you can make a sandwich with?
- Loudly question the choice of wine, and ask for cider instead. The colder the better
- You know the napkin that is passed around with The Communion Cup? Use that to blow your nose.
Any other suggestions?
*The Church Sofa doesn’t accept any responsibilities for any action that results from the above. If you get involved in a food fight, please don’t blame us!