Its that time of year again for one of the Church Sofa lads.
Yes, it is the Church weekend away.
Normally located miles away from the nearest sensible pub, this combined with lack of mobile reception helps
the feeling of isolation to set in you concentrate on being a more excited Christian.
If you are also planning on going along to church for 48 hours, you may want to bear our Church Weekend Away Survival Kit in mind:
10 Items To Bring On A Church Weekend Away
- A Bible. Decent reading material (which doesn’t require a battery charger), and helpful if bored during the second sermon of the day.
- A Pen. To write on leaves. (With thanks to Dave Walker)
- Whiskey / Gin.
- A friend within the venue staff, useful for extra additions like more food, a comfy bed, access to shortcuts, and wireless keys.
- Chocolate. Useful for both a sugar rush, and bartering for above mentioned wireless key.
- Books. You never know. You might get a chance to catch up on your reading list.
- Map. To help you find your way back to the nearest pub.
- Food expected to be rubbish? Local take out telephone numbers, could be helpful…
- Dont forget your phone charger… in case you spend a little too much time playing computer games on it…
- Somewhere to hide your whiskey / gin.
Anything I’ve forgotten?